Looking for new ways to woo your significant other? Don’t have the time or money to go out on a huge romantic date? No problem! We know that life is crazy and sometimes there just isn’t enough time for those big romantic gestures! Here are our favorite dates that won’t take up your day or break the bank!
- Test Drive Fancy Cars – This is perfect date for anyone who has a dream car. Head on down to your local dealership, play the part of an automotive entrepreneur and take your dream vehicle for a spin! This date is not recommended for reckless drivers or those who suffer from “plumbum metatarsalitis”, commonly known as “lead foot syndrome”.
- Cook a Meal Together – This doesn’t have to be anything fancy, especially if you’re crunched for time, but try and set aside an hour or two to prepare a nice home-cooked meal. Try something new, or work on perfecting an old favorite. This is a great, cheap alternative to going out, and you’ll get extra bonding points if you screw up together and laugh about it.
- Build a Blanket Fort – Unleash your inner child by building a massive pillow and blanket fort. Make it a competition by seeing who can build the better fort, or team up to create a massive fortress of snuggly solitude. This is the perfect, fun way to relax and blow off a little creative steam with your significant other.
- Go Eye-Bombing – “Eye Bombing” is the art of placing googly eyes on as many objects as possible in a given space. This is most fun when it's done in someone else’s space (without their knowledge) or in a public area like a park of a library. You’d be surprised how funny the world can look when everything is looking right back at you! The best part is, this date is totally free (bar the cost of googly eyes) and can take up as much or as little time as you have on hand!
- Feed Local Wildlife – Take some time out of your day to sit outside and feed the birds. This is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, relax, catch up with your loved one, and form an unbreakable bond with a wide array of local fowl. It’s a great way to have some quiet time to chat with your significant other, and the birds will definitely thank you for it!
- Play the “Newlywed Game” – It is scientifically proven (study results pending) that there is no better way to test your knowledge of your significant other than by playing the “Newlywed Game”. You’ll be surprised some of the things your loved one remembers (or doesn’t remember)! It’s a simple and fun way to get to know each other, with that extra competitive edge!
- Unplug – This is about as quick and simple as they come. Set aside 15, 30, or 60 minutes where you and your loved one are not allowed to use any of your electronic devices. Phone, computer, TV, everything. What you do with that time is up to you, but unplugging, even for a short period of time is a great way to eliminate distractions and focus each other.
- Have a Bonfire – Get out in the fresh air and enjoy a bonfire together. It’s a great way to warm up, have some great snacks, and enjoy each other’s company. Plus being able to build and sustain a fire is sure to impress your partner and score you major cool points.