Spring is in the air! Well, not quite yet here at Bizzy headquarters, but it’s getting close! Now is the perfect time to start prepping for that annual tradition known simply as spring cleaning! Getting things all nice and clean and be extremely satisfying and can help you to get ready and organized as they year starts to pick up in pace. We know however that spring cleaning can be a drag and can even get overwhelming, so we’ve compiled these trips and tricks to give you the best possible spring cleaning experience!
- Create a To-Do List – Figure out exactly what you want to clean and write it down! This will help you to get your supplies organized, sort out your priorities, and figure out the best place to start. Writing your list down is a great way to boil your cleaning down to the essentials and can make the whole process much less overwhelming.
- Clean from “Top to Bottom” – This is a classic cleaning strategy to make sure you’re not cleaning up after your cleaning. Start cleaning high objects first, such dusting shelves, fans, blinds, etc. Next, clean mid-level surfaces such as desks, countertops and tables. Finish by sweeping, mopping or vacuuming the floors, cleaning up all the dusty and debris that will certainly have collected there.
- Unleash the Power of Toothpaste – Toothpaste, believe it or not, is one of the most powerful cleaning agents you probably already have sitting around the house. Toothpaste can be used to polish silver and porcelain, as well as having the scrubbing power to lift stains out of coffee mugs and faucets. When you think about it, it makes sense, given its power to remove stains from your teeth, but with a little creative application, it can have the same effect on your whole house!
- Eliminate Bars of Soap – If you haven’t already, eliminating bars of soap is a great way to keep your bathrooms cleaner year-round. Bar soap tends to leave a gooey residue on sinks, showers and tubs, so replacing it with bottled hand soap and body wash will stop this residue from building up. This gives you one less thing to worry about cleaning next spring!
- Kill that Musty Smell – Cabinets that contain sheets, towels, and other linins can take on an unpleasant musty smell over time. One of the best ways to get rid of that smell and keep your linens smelling fresh is to simply keep an open box of baking soda in the cabinet with them. This, like many great cleaning solutions, does all the work for you!
- Clean Mirrors with Coffee Filters – One of the most annoying things about cleaning mirrors is getting streaks or clumps of fabric/paper stuck to them. Because coffee filters do not contain lint, they will not streak your mirrors, nor will they leave those annoying clumps behind.
- Disinfect, disinfect, disinfect – Once you’ve done your major cleaning, wipe down everything with a disinfectant wipe or spray. This will help kill any bacteria that may be hanging around after your spring cleaning, giving everything a nice, sanitary feel going forward.
- Clean as You Go – Be proactive, and don’t let messes build up. Cleaning up minor messes, like the dishes, as you make them will prevent tasks from piling up, so you don’t need to devote your whole day to cleaning. It’s as easy as it sounds, and will save you a great deal of work later on!