Here at Bizzy Coffee, we know a thing or two about caffeine. We think the best place to get it is in our Bizzy Coffee Double Shots, but that is far from the only source of caffeine out there. Here we have compiled the most interesting and surprising places you can get a caffeine kick!
- Guarana Berries – These berries pack quite the caffeinated punch! Found only in the Amazon rainforest (although they are probably on amazon.com as well…) these little berries contain almost twice as much caffeine as the average coffee bean. Packed full of antioxidants, these berries are used in weight loss supplements as well as some memory enhancement medications.
- Dark Chocolate – Believe it or not, one ounce of dark chocolate contains about 14 mg of caffeine! While this is a fairly low concentration, it’s a sweet way to get your daily caffeine intake!
- Yerba Mate – Another powerhouse plant from the Amazon, Yerba Mate is branded as having “the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate.” The leaves of the mate tree are rich in vitamins and minerals and boast enough caffeine to make it as strong as a cup of coffee.
- Decaf Coffee – You can take the coffee out of the caffeine, but you can’t take the caffeine out of the coffee! Even decaf coffee can contain up to 18 mg of caffeine per serving!
- Pain Relief Medications – Caffeine has several pain-relieving properties and has often been used in small amounts to treat headaches. For this reason, it is often found in trace amounts is over the counter pain medications. Always use these medications as directed by a doctor and be sure to check the label if taking these before bed, otherwise you could end up tossing and turning all night!
- Matcha Tea – We all know green and black teas contain significant amounts of caffeine, but matcha is a lesser known variety of tea that packs just as big a punch. It is usually ground into a fine powder, rather than steeped by cut leaves, like most teas. Because of this, it can be easily used in a variety of recipes!
- Bizzy Coffee Double Shots – Last but not least is perhaps the most obvious and (in our not so humble opinion) best source of caffeine, the Bizzy Coffee Double Shot! With two shots of espresso in one tiny bottle, it is the perfect, healthy way to get your caffeine on the go! Try one out for yourself today!
- “7 Things You Should Know About Matcha.” Health.com.
- “12 Surprising Sources of Caffeine.” Health.com.
- Revolution, Health Fitness. “Top 10 Healthiest Sources of Caffeine.” Health Fitness Revolution, 26 Oct. 2017.
- TechXpress.net. “Yerba Mate.” Guayaki.
- The Zen Cart® Team and others. “Guaraná.” Amafruits, Superfruits from the Amazon.