We’ve all been at work and had some strange food craving, and while lots of people stash snacks in their desk, it’s almost always junk food. Healthier snacks will give you more energy while satisfying your overpowering urge for a snack. Here are some of your healthiest options!
- Apples - As the old saying goes, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”! Apples are great for a workplace snack because they can don’t require a fridge, they’re absolutely delicious (some even say so in the name!), and they’re packed with vitamins to keep your mind and body healthy!
- Edamame - These yummy little soybean pods make a great snack for work. They’re packed with protein, and complex carbs which fill you with energy to keep you from hitting an afternoon slump!
- Greek Yogurt - We have a lot to thank the Greeks for, theater, arts, democracy, and delicious yogurt! An excellent probiotic, Greek yogurt can have twice as much protein as regular yogurt, in addition to calcium and live bacteria cultures.
- String Cheese - Another great source of protein and calcium, cheese sticks are a perfect mid-day snack that’ll bring you back to your grade school lunch box days.
- Cauliflower - Cauliflower gets kind of a bad rap as far as vegetables go, but when prepared correctly, it can be an irresistible healthy snack. Roasting a floret in the oven with some olive oil, garlic and lemon juice will make it absolutely delectable.
- Mixed Nuts - Nuts are packed with healthy fats and proteins, making them a great alternative to snacks like chips/crackers. Roasted and raw are both delicious ways to eat them, but watch out for heavily salted nuts, which are markedly less healthy than their unsalted counterparts.
- Dried Fruit - Dried fruit is a great way to satisfy your sweet cravings without breaking into a candy bar or some other sugary snack. The natural sugar in fruit gives you a burst of energy, and are a great source of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.