Everyone wants to be more productive, but it can be hard to measure productivity at a lot of jobs, and it can be hard to know just how to improve it overall. We’ve gathered this easy tips and tricks to help you become the most productive person you can be!
- Write It Down - Write down what you want to accomplish on a given day. Not only will this help you remember what you have to do, but it will also give you a tangible, measurable way to measure how productive you’ve been.
- Get Quick Tasks Done - It can be easy to get bogged down by a million micro-projects. Solve this problem by simply getting simple, easy tasks out of the way as they crop up. Need to renew your vehicle tabs, or follow up on a quick email? Just do it! Get it out of the way, and get on to more important tasks.
- Declutter Your Desk - Feel like you’re drowning in a sea of papers? Take the time to work through everything on your desk and get rid of all the clutter. It sounds like a pain, but it's always a relief when it’s done and out of the way. As an added bonus, a clean workspace makes it easier to find things you need, making your day more productive.
- Use Templates - If you find you’re sending out a lot of similar emails or memos, consider using a template to streamline the process. Create a general outline of what you want to say with spaces left for adding the details. This can be a huge time-saver.
- Categorize/Prioritize Tasks - Think about the urgency and difficulty of various tasks, and categorize them accordingly, from simplest to most difficult, from quickest to longest, or whatever works for you. This will give you a realistic outlook on what you have to do and will allow you to prioritize accordingly!
- Tackle Hard Tasks First - This is a great strategy for those painful moments when you feel you have no motivation. Take the task you’re dreading the most and just get it out of the way. Not only will it be a load of your mind, but it will get the ball rolling on your day and it should be smooth sailing with the hardest tasks out of the way!
- Plan Your Day - This one may seem obvious, but creating a simple schedule for your day can dramatically increase your productivity. If you block off time for various tasks, you’re more likely to actually start them on time. Similarly, it will keep you from sticking with one thing all day, and can keep your day moving.
- Get Some Sunshine - Cooped up at your desk all day? Get up and get some fresh air! Nothing slows down productivity like falling into a rut, and getting outside (or even near a window) for a few minutes can boost your spirits and give you the motivation you need to finish out your day strong.