With just 4 ingredients, a little mixing, and a couple of hours for overnight freezing -- this Chocolate Coffee Banana Ice Cream is simple, and worth the wait and more. Healthy, creamy and delicious, this ice cream dream is a rewarding summer treat.
- 15-20 minutes actual preparation (but needs 4-6 hours in the freezer)
- Place chopped banana in a plastic bag and into the freezer for at least 4 hours, allowing time for the bananas to become frozen.
- Remove frozen bananas from the freezer and place them in a food processor. Pulse on high for 1 minute.
- Add coffee, cacao and syrup to the food processor and pulse again for another minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, pour into a glass or metal container. Cover it and place it back in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once you’re ready to eat the ice cream, remove the container from the freezer and let it sit out for 10 minutes before scooping and serving.